Thursday, January 17, 2008

I married a huge dork

My sister and I once discussed (when both unattached) how we thought dorky men make ideal mates. Why? It was hard to put one's finger on it, but it has something to do with how dorks are generally substantive people with passionate interests. The fact that we both consider ourselves dorks doubtlessly contributed to this conclusion.

Last night, I discovered that my husband was even more precociously dorky than I previously thought. He let slip that he wrote a paper on the subject of Stalin in the third grade. The conversation unfolded something like this:

Me: What?! You wrote a paper on Stalin in the third grade?! [flabbergasted pause] What was the assignment?

Husband: To write about something that interested you.

Enough said.

No comments: